Can you add Components that are more generic or factory sourced as opposed to specific Components?
Yes, within Backbone you have the ability to create Factory Supplied Components. A Factory Supplied Component is a generic, one-off Component that you do not want to store in your Component Library and you will generally only use it one time.
To create a Factory Supplied Component:
- Navigate to a Product BoM and click the blue "+" icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to begin adding Components to your BoM.
- Then click "+ Create New". This will prompt you to create a new Component on the fly.
- To create a Factory Supplied Component, click the blue highlighted dropdown menu that says "Component". Then select "Factory Supplied Component".
- You are then able to input the Component name, price and row position.
- Note: This component will not be added to the Component Library.
- Click "Add" to add this Component to the BoM.