Can you import a Size Spec from CSV?
Importing from CSV is a great way to create a size spec. Once in the product's Size Spec page, click on the 3-dot menu in the upper right-hand corner and click "Import From CSV".
- Ensure that your .CSV file matches the proper format for importing. The format requires the following column headers: POM Name; POM Code; Tolerance; < insert sizes across columns > ; Sample Size.
- Note: Backbone offers a "Sample CSV template" when opening the "Upload CSV" Module. See video below for further clarification.
Tips and Tricks
- The format of the numbers in the CSV should be in "Numbers", not "General".
- Note: If you have fractions, we suggest making the decimal to the 3rd decimal place.
- The measurements and tolerances must be formatted in inches.
- Note: Once you upload it into Backbone you can toggle between decimal and fractions and convert to a different unit of measure if needed.
- There should not be any additional blank rows in between your POM rows
- Enter a Sample Size (you only need to do this once)
- You can add any POM Names and Codes you'd like. You do not need a code, Backbone will auto-generate one if you don’t provide one.
- Note that importing from a .CSV does not link imported POM's to your POM Library.
See also Product: Size Specifications