Component Utilization Reporting
Component Utilization Report Use Cases
- If you're running a CMT program, you can use a Utilization Report to gather all the projected material needs per Supplier across a Season, Collection, or other subset of products.
- By reporting on everywhere a given Component (or group of Components) is used, you can simplify change management.
- By reviewing "unused" Component utilizations on your Utilization Reports, you can quickly identify mistakes and/or Products where BOM work may not have been completed.
Navigating the Component Utilization Report LIbrary
- You can access the report Library through a new dedicated icon in the Global Navigation
- Utilization Reports created by anyone on your team live within this library and are accessible to all
- You can search for a specific report by name at the top
- You can also sort your various reports by Name or Date Created
- Hovering over the 3-dot Overflow Icon at the right side of each report name opens a menu with the following options:
- Duplicate Report
- Edit Report
- Delete Report
- Open any report by clicking its name
Creating a new Component Utilization Report
- Click the “+” (add icon) within the Utilization Report Library
- Add a report Name (required)
- Add the Component Types you wish to report on
- Optionally refine your results by linking values from your filterable Component Custom Fields (Ex. limit your report to show Utilizations for just one particular Component Supplier or Country of Origin)
- You must either refine the content by Component Type or a Component Custom Field to generate the report
- Optionally, further refine your results by linking values from your Product Taxonomy and Product Custom Fields (Ex. limit your report to show Utilizations for just one Product Season/Year or just one Factory)
- Click the Create button and the report will be generate, open, and save to your Library
Navigating and Interpreting your Component Utilization Report
- Your report has a unique section for each Component which matches the report criteria.
- The Component Name and Component Code appear as headers for the section
- Clicking the header bar will collapse & expand the Component Section as needed
- You can also “Expand All” or “Collapse All” sections at the top of the page, depending on your needs
- The sort order of the report is alphabetical by Component Name
- The various utilizations for each unique Component Variant are sorted alphabetically by Variant Name, nested within each Component section
- The Utilization Report pulls data from the Component Record, the Product Summary and the Product BOM into one table. The columns map as follows:
- Component Variant Name & Component Variant Code
- Product Name & Product Variant (Colorway)
- Product Style Number
- Consumption Quantity per the Product BOM
- Component Unit of Measure
- Component Variant Price
- Component Cost per Unit
- By clicking the Product Name in the table, you’ll be navigated to that Product’s BOM
- By default, the report will only display utilizations where you’ve made a Component Variant selection within the BOM. However, you can optionally “Show Unused Rows” at the top of the page - this allows you to see where the Component has been added to the BOM but no Variant has been selected.
- The 3-dot Overflow Icon at top right of the page allows you export your report to CSV
Watch this Live Training where our Director of Client Experience, Victoria Brewer, explains how to create, analyze and export these reports!